Known throughout the region for its superb playability and unrivaled conditioning, the historic South Course is perennially ranked among the top-5 golf courses in the state of Tennessee. The South Course is also notable for its unique place in the history of the game of golf. As host of over 30 PGA Tour events, the course was the site of Al Geiberger’s historic “59,” then a PGA Tour record, as well as President Gerald Ford’s hole-in-one during the Wednesday Pro-Am of the 1977 Danny Thomas Classic.
The golf course itself is truly a treasure. With fairways lined by towering trees, pristine Champions Bermuda greens, shimmering lakes and uncharacteristic elevation changes, the South Course delivers an unmatched golf experience for our members and their guests.
• Host site of over 30 PGA Tour Events
• Measures 7,334 yards from Championship Tees
• Course Rating – 77.2, Slope 148 (Championship Tees)
• Currently rated the #4 golf course in the state of Tennessee
• Ranked among Golf Digest’s Top-100 historic US courses